- Board of Directors
- Recipient Rights
- Additional Links
If you, or someone you know, is in suicidal crisis or emotional distress, please call:
You can call the crisis center for any of the following reasons:
We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. As a local governmental entity, Community Mental Health Services Board, we are responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County.
|Job Title||Youth Peer Support Specialist
|Job Status||Full Time
|Job Summary||We are seeking two full-time Youth Peer Support Specialists. The Youth Peer Support Specialist (YPSS) will act as a support and resource for youth and young adults (YYA) receiving services in the behavioral health system. The YPSS will act as a key member of the treatment team by working with YYA one-on-one or in a group, supporting them in achieving goals through shared activities and interventions. This position will support empowerment by assisting YYA in developing skills to improve their overall functioning and quality of life while working collaboratively with other service team members involved in delivering the youth’s care. This position is funded through the Healthy Transitions Grant. This is a full-time, time limited position ending September 30, 2023.
* Ages 18-26 years old
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Willing and able to self-identify as a person who has or is receiving mental health services, currently in stable recovery, and is prepared to use that experience in helping others
* Knowledge and skills sufficient for establishing effective relationships with YYA who have a Serious Emotional Disturbance, their families, and team members
* Knowledge about mental illness and behavioral health issues, treatment and crisis planning
* Knowledge of public and private child-serving organizations
* Valid Michigan driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel in the community
* Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data entry skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent problem-solving skills
|Preferred Qualificaiton||* Certification as Youth Peer Support Specialist
* Experience receiving services as a youth in complex, child-serving systems – Community Mental Health, substance abuse treatment, juvenile justice, special education, foster care, Children’s Protective Services, etc.
* Experience leading and/or coordinating services for youth
* Knowledge about substance use disorders and recovery
* Familiar with community and mental health resources for YYA in Kent County
* Familiar with community and mental health resources for adults in Kent County
|We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short and long-term disability.
|Required Documents||Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications and resume
Click HERE to apply for the Youth Peer Support Specialist position
Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.