Policies & Procedures
Trainings begin on time. Training rooms have limited seating capacity. Your timeliness may make the difference in your participation in the class, or your choice to give up your seat. Late admittance will be at the discretion of the trainer.
When you are unable to attend a training that you have registered for, you must “unenroll” through the LMS with your username and password. The process is like that of registering:
At your home page, click on the enrolled class(es) tab at the top. Find the enrolled class that you are unable to attend and click on the info tab to the right of the class. This will bring up a new screen with an “unenroll” tab at the bottom of the screen. Click on the unenroll tab, and you will be unenrolled from the class.
Students who leave the training or are asked to leave the training will not be given credit for any part of the training. This applies to all trainings; courses that offer continuing education units and those that do not.
We do not have a “cancellation/waiting list” process.
If you are interested in attending a class that is FULL, you may choose to “walk in”.
• Arrive prior to the start of the training
• Explain that you would like to “walk in”
• Sign-in at the bottom of the registration sheet
• “Walk-ins” will be considered on a first-come first-served basis.
• If a seat is available when the training begins, the student may be allowed to take a seat.
• NOTE: Because of the specific components needed for both the Medication/Health Skills Demonstration class and/or the Mental health First Aid trainings, Walk-ins are NOT allowed.
Cell Phones and Personal Electronic Devices
Trainings are structured to engage participants and offer opportunities to obtain information and improve skill delivery about mental illness, substance use, integrated health and other evidenced based practices.
Please be respectful. The use of cell phones, pagers, text messaging, headsets, lap tops, mp3 players, electronic games and other personal electronic devices are distracting and may diminish the learning experience for other participants. Ample time will be given at each training for breaks and/or lunch. During training times, you will be asked to refrain from the use of electronic devices, to turn them off, and to keep them out of sight.
NOTE: Recording or photographing is NOT permitted without the permission of the curriculum developer. Most curricula are copyrighted without rights for duplication.
The Network180 Training Department considers the safety and well-being of our participants. During the winter months, road conditions may become such that a scheduled training will be cancelled. Participants are urged to check local news broadcasts for conditions and school closures in Grand Rapids before travelling to the training site.
Cancellation of a scheduled training WILL ONLY OCCUR when a decision to close Grand Rapids Public Schools has been made (typically by 7:30 am). Check local TV channels below for cancellations.
NOTE: Other services at Network180 will remain open.
If you have any questions or concerns about a training that you have been scheduled to take, and are unsure of the weather advisory, please contact the Training Department at 616.855.5210.
LINK: WOOD TV8
Network180 is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all individuals, visitors, staff and administration. This includes our training activities and our training site.
From time to time a student will exhibit behaviors that are not conducive to a learning environment. When that behavior jeopardizes the safety, or learning process of others, the student may be asked to leave the classroom, the building, and/or may be asked to not return to the Network180 Training Department.
Students/participants are asked to consider a few common ground rules when planning to attend a Network180 training:
• Be on time.
• Turn off all personal electronic devices, including cell phones.
• Practice respectful communication.
• Remain alert and awake for the duration of the training.
• Be attentive if not active in your participation.
• Be drug/alcohol free.
• Firearms or weapons are NOT allowed on the property or in the training room.
• Be aware that perfume, cologne, and other smells may be disruptive or cause allergic reactions to others, including an asthma event, headaches, breathing difficulties, and so on.
• Completion of testing requirements for some of our trainings is based on an individual’s learned information. Using notes or other training materials will not be allowed.